Monday, March 7, 2011

in sync

The last couple of weeks have been a challenge for me with Ari, I admit.  It seems that growing up is hard to do for both of us.  Daniel was home more since he was transitioning into his new schedule and the usual routines I had with kids were therefore interrupted.  I kept feeling more and more out of sync with her and she even seemed like a different kid.


Since Daniel began his new job (still teaching English but at one school instead of a whole bunch) he is home in the mornings.  I was able to just take Ari on special dates a couple of times last week.  One day we took a long walk to a pretty nice park we'd never been to before--because of so many motorcyclists and cars in tight roads, I ended up carrying her half the way which was nice but boy, she feels heavy!  We stopped at a stationary store and got some face paint.  She was so excited we tried it on as soon as we got home.



One of her favorite things to do with me is taking a bath together... well, more like splashing around with me in the tub with her.  Today Ti took good naps and had a big poop explosion that required a bath and another load of laundry.  After his little sink bath, Ari wanted a bath with me so we took a bath together while Ti took his last nap late afternoon.  She seems more secure and content.  I'm slowly beginning to feel more in sync with her... it is amazing what difference it makes in how I feel about myself as a mother.

Talking about my daughter...I have a confession to make.  We have not gotten her a new pair of shoes since we left the States!  I've finally noticed how she falls so often and easily outside and I can definitely see that she needs bigger size shoes desperately when putting her shoes on.  I measured her size to be about 14 inches today.  I have no idea where to buy good quality toddler shoes here in Korea... there are many cute looking kids' shoes everywhere here but I just don't trust they're really comfortable or quality.  I hope we can find something close to StrideRite.


Ari is getting better and better at being a big sister to Ti.  Ti shows that he likes and loves her too by watching her intently and smiling or laughing while he watches her.  I noticed also how Ari always looks for Ti before anything or anyone else when she wakes up from her nap.  She's so happy to play by him, give him attention, touch him and try to "help" him roll over and move around.  I'm amazed at how much interaction I already see happening between the two of them.  It gives me such satisfaction and joy and reason to look forward to months and years to come as they get older!
mama's boy...hehe
sibling hanging out together :P
check out my cool panda bottom!
Ti laughing at Ari jumping




My all time favorite picture of Ari:


One last little note:  I found WHOLE grain pasta!!!  at a grocery store across the street from our church!  I've been looking for whole grain pasta for so long!  It felt so good to feed that to Ari at dinner tonight!  Wholesome goodness!  Oh, I can't wait to go back to Trader Joe's!

1 comment:

  1. A shoe finding tip: if you lay the shoe in the palm of your hand and close your hand, you should be able to bend it. Don't buy shoes you can't bend. That way if you can't find a stride rite you can atleast go around gripping and bending shoes to find a flexible one.

    ReplyDelete