Thursday, January 13, 2011

Visitors and the rest

Ti took a super long nap this morning from 9 to almost 1!  His tummy troubles seem to get the worst during the wee hours of the morning so his sleep during those hours loses it's restorative quality, constantly grunting and trying to pass gas--that is my mommy guess.  Anyway, so he must've really needed this long sleep this morning.  He was cooing and all smiles when he was awake--the sweetest thing!

So while he napped, Ari and I stayed in her tiny room reading together, being goofy, and then eventually doing our own things.  Ari loves to play baby with her green dinosaur named, "Crong."  He's a character from her favorite Korean TV show called, "Pororo."  We own a DVD in English and she loves to watch and talk about all the characters all the time.  It seems that it really has become  her world since her birthday.  She does with him what I do with Ti--nursing, wrapping, changing diapers, even spit-ups.  I love that she has a great imagination and that she can entertain herself so much more now.




Daniel came home early today because the school he goes to in the afternoon was still on break.  He let me nap with Ari while he spent some alone time with Ti.  We woke up to be so pleasantly surprised by two visitors!  Our friends from Moody who have been in Korea similar situation as us--Youngjin & Justin!  They're expecting their first baby in May and may go back to Chicago area either before us or around the same time.  It is so so refreshing to have friends over...especially since it's so rare here for us.  We'll see them Sunday at church!


Ari showing off her batting skills



Daniel is at his tutoring job tonight.  Tonight was the second time I had Ari go to bed by herself.  When Daniel's home he usually stays with her until she falls asleep but I find that sometimes impossible with Ti especially if he's crying and does not want to nurse.  I like lying down with her in her room in the dark at her bed time--it's such a peaceful time--usually.  Tonight Daniel read with her before leaving.  I brushed her teeth, gave her her water cup, hugged and kissed her good night and left.  She seems to know what to expect.  She went to sleep quietly...my sweet angel.

Both kids are in bed now and I'm alone.  Once again, I have not set foot outside once today... still in my P.J.s and my mommy pony tail (always think of Tamara with this one).  I'm a slob.  At least I'm not covered with leaking breast milk or spit up anymore.  Daniel's off tomorrow but he seems to have gotten what Ari has now so we'll probably stay home and get some rest.  Ti's due for another round of immunizations tomorrow so I'll be taking him back to that public health place in the morning.  Happy two month old tomorrow, my baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! You're allowed some sloppy mom days! Hope you and Ti stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures in this one, Faithy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete