Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter Wonderland

my happy Ari outside today in the snow

about to throw a snowball at daddy taking pictures of her

she got him!

got him good on his face!
I went grocery shopping by myself today.  We didn't make it to church again... sick husband.  :(  It started to snow when I left the house.  Kids and hubby peacefully asleep.  By the time I came out of Lotte Mart with a heavy box full of groceries and about 20 rolls of toilet paper in a package I had arrived in a winter wonderland.  I stood beside a couple of men waiting to flag down a taxi.  Cars were moving slow.  After standing there for quite a while, I began to think I may never make it back home today with these groceries... finally, a taxi slowly came to a stop seeing me flagging him down.  I turned to get my box and the t.p. and saw one of the men getting in MY taxi... I was so mad.  I called home.  They were all up from their naps.  Ti was screaming and Ari was whining.  My poor hubby trying to feed Ti from a bottle (I had expressed some milk before I left just in case.)...
Well, after a while longer, I got in a taxi finally.  The driver recognized me from before and said to me as soon as I got in that there's no way he's going to drive up the hill today.  I said sure I totally understand... So he dropped me off at the bottom of the hill with my heavy box and the t.p.  I couldn't even carry both at once so I had to carry one and come back and get the other a bit further.  I asked a random guy to watch my box of groceries while I go get my husband.  I called Daniel that I would come home and have him go get the box...he told me he was already on his way--with both kids!

Ari loved to find so much snow and it still snowing outside.  Daniel grabbed a camera and went back out of course even though he is still so sick with a nasty cold.  Ti had taken the bottle (which I'm glad about) but there was only a little bit of milk.  I nursed him and the world was right... after all the craziness.

I enjoyed a hot cup of vanilla latte at Dunkin Donuts on my way to Lotte Mart this afternoon.  It was so so good but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have.  I'm just now getting sleepy and it's almost midnight!  Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Such great pictures. :) And... Shame on the taxi driver. :( I would have driven you up the hill... :) I got to see beautiful Ari and sick Daniel yesterday, but no Faithy... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. you saw my leg. :P I'm not a morning person! if you know what I mean, Lydia! It's a good thing you didn't see me. hehe. love ya!

    ReplyDelete