Saturday, January 29, 2011

Modern Day Slavery

Slavery Map
"Slavery thrives in the shadows. An estimated 27 million live in bondage today – yet we know about the plight of so few of them. The battle to end slavery begins by revealing it." (from the link above)

Not For Sale Campaign

IJM

Historians Against Slavery

I don't really know what I can do yet... maybe this is my first step--sharing the information with my readers so we can learn about this together and become more aware...that's where our involvement begins, I think.

As I learn more about Modern Day Slavery and the Movement to end it, I also must dig deeper into what it means that I am set FREE at the Cross of Jesus Christ.  As I seek to understand my freedom in Christ, I am asking God to give me eyes to look around and see what really is going on. 

As David Batstone said, "This is at the very core of who we (Christians) are."


He has told you, O man, what is good, and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)

Feel free to share other links or resource you know of...

No comments:

Post a Comment